Bell Pepper Taco Boats
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bell peppers
- low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Add ground turkey to a pan with olive oil on medium heat.
- Cook the turkey for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and salt and stir.
- Add onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes and stir.
- Turn the stove off and let it cool.
- On a cutting board, remove the stem from one of the bell peppers. Then, cut the pepper in half and remove all of the seeds. Cut each half into 3 pieces. Repeat for the two other peppers.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Scoop turkey into a pepper boat and place it onto the sheet. Repeat until all the pepper boats are gone.
- Sprinkle with low-fat cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, cool, and enjoy!