Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
Ready in: 45 minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Pour milk into a pan on medium heat, add flour and garlic powder, and whisk until combined. Leave to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Place one sweet potato into a microwave on high for 7 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture into a food processor.
- Slice the cooled sweet potato in half and scoop out the flesh into the food processor.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Place 1/2 cup peas into a pan on medium heat.
- Add sweet potato mixture, mustard, and cheddar cheese and stir until combined.
- Add cooked whole wheat pasta and mix.